New graduates from a medical transcription or healthcare documentation educational
program who are not yet working in the field may join as a Postgraduate member
for one year. Joining AHDI gives you resources, opportunities to earn continuing
education credits, and networking to help you prepare for a successful career
in healthcare documentation. AHDI will assist you by:
Answering your most challenging questions.
- Submit your professional practice questions to AHDI’s Help Desk for expert
- Read articles in Plexus and access the full online archive of past
- Email questions to AHDI listservs for quick feedback from your peers.
Connecting you and your peers.
your continuing education.
Improving your technology skills.
- Webinars focusing on building your core competencies in technology tools.
- Educational sessions led by industry thought leaders on the latest technological
advancements in healthcare.
- Vendors who will share information on new tools and technology.
- An online archive of past issues of Matrix, with a bounty of technology-related
Illustrating your critical role in patient care and safety.
- An organizational-wide effort to market healthcare documentation specialists
to key stakeholders.
- A national campaign, Your Record
Speaks, to educate the public on why the work you do matters.
- Workforce development initiatives to secure roles for healthcare documentation
professionals in the EHR.
- A movement to recognize the value of healthcare
Become a Postgraduate member today!