Individual Professional membership
Individual Professional membership is for those working or involved in healthcare documentation and data capture. AHDI will provide you with the support, resources, and tools needed for professional growth and advancement in healthcare documentation. AHDI will assist you by:
Illustrating your critical role in patient care and safety.
- An organizational-wide effort to market healthcare documentation specialists to key stakeholders.
- A national campaign, Your Record Speaks, to educate the public on why the work you do matters.
- Workforce development initiatives to secure roles for healthcare documentation professionals in the EHR.
- A movement to recognize the value of healthcare documentation specialists.
Propelling your continuing education.
Improving your technology skills.
- Webinars focusing on building your core competencies in technology tools.
- Educational sessions led by industry thought leaders on the latest technological advancements in healthcare.
- Vendors who will share information on new tools and technology.
- An online archive of past issues of Matrix, with a bounty of technology-related articles.
Answering your most challenging questions.
- Submit your professional practice questions to AHDI’s Help Desk for expert guidance.
- Read articles in Plexus and access the full online archive of past issues.
- Email questions to AHDI listservs for quick feedback from your peers.
Connecting you and your peers.
- Email with members in your area of interest through virtual alliances.
- Network with fellow members in your local chapter or state/regional association.
- Volunteer with AHDI to learn new skills, hone existing ones, and contribute to your association’s mission.
Become an Individual Professional member today!
“During lean economic times every single workforce development professional emphasizes the benefits of networking and because of my AHDI membership I have about 10,000 other members to call should I want or need a job. You can’t put a price on that!”
Betty Honkonen, CMT, AHDI-F